Wednesday, February 15, 2012

About Communications

1. Being able to make a podcast and learning the skills of video filming and editing
2. Opportunities to practise Japanese outside the classroom
3. Learning to work as a team and thus getting to know my classmates better
4. Putting what we have learnt in class thus far into good use
5. Learn how to write an entertaining script


I think communication is essentially about being able to get your message across to others in a effective manner. It can be done through actions and language and more often than not, it involves knowing who your target audience is so that one can craft the act of communicating such as the audience will be able to get the message.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your thoughts about communication. I also think that actions have a lot to do with communicating in an effective manner. I think it was very good that you also talked about knowing who your target audience is because as we have been learning in Japanese there are many different ways and different levels of formalities to use depending on who you're talking to (superiors, little children etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that knowing who your target audience is is important. Because we don't have the same speech patterns in English necessarily as Japanese depending on who we are addressing. So it will be interesting as we get more involved and how we have to pay closer attention to what words we decide to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I would also add that in Japanese, silence may also be just as effective as words

    .........................................

    As Lisa said, honorifics can be important too. I would like for everyone in class to refer to me as Roku-Bo.

    ReplyDelete